Thursday, October 6, 2016

Live Life Now





 I am a 45 year old who is taking breast cancer on a ride of its life. I am battling this disease for the 3rd time and am now living with stage IV Metastatic breast cancer. My cancer began as a non-invasive form in 2003. As a result I had a mastectomy, reconstruction and took medicine for 5 years and went on with her life. In 2010 I noticed a small bump on my skin, on my left breast. It didn't hurt so I ignored it. A few months later during a routine checkup I mentioned it to my surgeon. My surgeon immediately started taking pictures, and said that she would like to remove it.




The pathology report later deemed it was in fact cancerous. In 2012 from a visit to urgent care for a cold, and a weird feeling in my breast bone area, after x-rays, and a return call to follow up, it was found that the cancer had returned and spread to my chest walls, spine and head as stage IV metastatic breast cancer. This disease, which has graced its presence in my life in 2003, as "non-invasive,” has again and again invaded my life.  Although this disease has changed my life I refuse to let IT own or define my journey in life.
While I am living with this terminal disease, I realize that others with this disease may not be living or coping as well as they could be. I decided to make lemonade with my lemons and founded a 501(c)3 organization entitled Angel in Disguise Inc.


Our Mission: To help people including the general public with task that they are unable or incapable of completing alone. To focus on breast cancer survivors and their families; aiding with lifestyle changes and hope by helping them to “live life now!”
We provide transportation needs to doctor appointments, to get medicine or to run light errands to breast cancer patients. As well as offering peer support. Angel in Disguise Inc. also assists single parents with transportation needs to and from school for school aged children as well as volunteer emergence teaching children how to give back and serve in the community.
I have also been blessed with the opportunities to speak publicly to motivate and inspire others. Everyday my goal is to" Live Life Now!"

Recently I participated in My 2nd Act Raleigh, a national stage performance that will be shown in 142 countries via internet TV. 
my website is angelindisguiseinc.org


Angela Baker, MSOD
"Aiding You to Make the Impossible, Possible"


No comments:

Post a Comment